Thursday 16 August 2007

How Fine is Your Wine?

Did you hear that they are faking wine now?

I adore wine--particularly the very unloved rose, which is not too sweet nor bitter. It gets a bad rap, I think because it's pink. But, as Kay Thompson cooed in her ineffable portrayal of a fashion editor in Funny Face, "think pink!"

Or not. I understand if Chianti is your thing, just please leave me and my inferior wine alone. What are your favorite wines with meals and desserts?

Statistics
Is your Wine as Fine as it Looks? (Money Week)
90% Fake Wine (Fermentation News)

Update:
Sleever Intl. just developed a heat shrink label with integrated holograms that will help ensure the authenticity of wines. It can't verify that vintage, but it will make you much happier with your newer labels. Read the story here.


-LiliAna A.

No comments: